|Akhand Ramayan Reading Guide
Akhand Ramayan is the process of reading Ramayan in 24 continuous hours. Main readers read in pairs.
Session starts with an initial invocation, followed by Artik and then continues recitationfor the following
24 hours. Typically reading is concluded with Artik, Bhajans, Katha and Maha Prasad.
A constant effort less regular reading schedule is all that is needed for completing the reading.
Downloadable reading schedule can help you to plan for the event. After each Doha "Mangal Bhavan"
is read, except towards the end, where Sriram Jai Ram Jai Jai Ram is read after each line.
It is important to arrange for a good stage with stage with Ganesha Ji / Lord Ramchandra /
Lord Krishna / Lord Shiva / Mother Durga / Hanuman Ji Mahraj and any other favorite deities of ths host
Along with this following may also be arranged.
1. Tulsi Plant (if not some Tulsi leaves)
2. Ganges water
3. Sriphal (Narial) and Kalawa (Red thread)
4. Lamp, that will light 24 hrs and enough Ghee (not oil)/Incense (Agarbatti)
5. Flowers, Fruits and sweets (naiveidya)
6. Lawang/Mishri/Elaichi/Tambul/Supari/Akshat (uncooked washed rice)/Kumkum or Sindur
7. Sound system (for large audience / halls)
8. Comfortable sitting arrangement for 24 hr recitors
9. Tea/Coffee/Milk/Juice/cup/plates/paper towels etc
10. Dholak/Kartal/harmonium whatever is easily available (not to worry too much)
Since readers can sit for long hours, a comfortable sitting arrangement made of thick cushions,
multiple layers of thick chadder etc. will be useful.
Please feel free to contact any of the volunteers on events page for more information.
Copyright © 2007 International Society For Spiritual Advancement. All rights reserved.